INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Site is protected by U.S. copyright laws and no portion of the Site may be reproduced or distributed without the permission of the applicable copyright owner. We maintain ownership rights in our trade name and other trademarks and service marks. Marks of third parties belong to their rightful owners.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR USE OF THE SITE
You may not use the Site (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others, (c) in a manner that will violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others or reveal confidential information without permission, or (d) in a manner that is profane, defamatory, violent, obscene, threatening, abusive, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable under common standards of decency.
You also are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation, the following activities: (a) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (b) attempting to interfere with communication to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mailbombing” or “crashing”; or (c) solicitation or advertisement. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. We will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
USE OF MATERIALS POSTED BY USERS
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to change, suspend or discontinue any or all aspects of the Site at any time without prior notice or liability. We also reserve the right in our sole discretion to suspend or terminate any user’s rights to use the Site.
VOICES FOR POWER
Voices for Power is a subscription-based text messaging program administered by State Voices. Users who opt-in can expect to receive different types of informational messages. This includes civic engagement messages, such as notifications to inform on opportunities to vote, to register to vote and/or to engage in their local democracy in their respective communities. We may also send network related notification, such as accomplishment highlights or new reports.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” to the short code. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at email@example.com.
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency may vary. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
We do not warrant that the Site will operate error-free or that the servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the Site results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, we are not responsible for those costs. In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, lost profits or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the Site, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory, and whether or not we are advised of the possibility of such damages. to the fullest extent permitted by law, WE disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, in connection with THE SITE and your use thereof. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the content on the Site or the content on any third party sites linked to from the Site. Furthermore, we assume no liability or responsibility for any direct or indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from any (1) errors, mistakes or inaccuracies of content, (2) personal injury or property damage of any nature whatsoever resulting from your access to or use of the Site, (3) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (4) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Site, (5) any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses or the like, which may be transmitted to or through the Site by any third party, and/or (6) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, e-mailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Site. We shall not be liable for user submissions or the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any third party and the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material on the Site violates your intellectual property rights, please provide us with written notice that includes the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or intellectual property owner; and
- Your electronic or physical signature.
- Please address your letter as follows:
1616 P St. NW, Suite 220
Washington, DC 20036
1616 P St. NW, Suite 220
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 888-0600
Fax: (202) 618-1908
Date: January 15, 2020