State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 23 state tables composed of 784 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and expertise they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration) and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, and single women. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
State Voices is searching for a National Data & Coaching Manager to provide training and support in aspects of using data and State Voices Voter Activation Network (VAN) administration for our partners in the 27 states without State Voices tables. Primary functions will be to provide State Voices VAN administrative support and coach partners in best data practices to drive programs for greater impact. Primary constituencies served will be organizations conducting non-partisan public education campaigns and voter contact programs. The National Data & Coaching Manager will report to the Deputy Director of Strategic Partnerships.
- Advise partner organizations on the use of civic engagement contact tools and coach them in successfully implementing data-driven direct outreach and data tools into their engagement programs.
- Administer State Voices VAN for State Voices partner organizations. This includes managing user and security settings; providing technical assistance; and monitoring use of the system to ensure compliance with state and national policies.
- Train partners on: NGP-VAN and other tools, targeting techniques (including the use of statistical models), and best practices for using data effectively.
- Prepare program analysis and make strategic recommendations to inform partner program plans.
- Improve State Voices partners’ data through list matching, training on better data hygiene and data collection practices.
- Produce reports and other materials needed to track, support, and coordinate table and partner work.
- Serve as a key thought partner in the implementation and evaluation of the Data Certification Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- Experience working with people from BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) communities and ability to coach partners with various levels of technical and data expertise
- Minimum one year of experience as a VAN administrator
- Direct experience with direct voter contact programs
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in 501(c)(3) civic engagement organizing, labor or community field organizing, or political campaigns preferred
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail-oriented and meet deadlines
- Good communicator, team player, and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
- Microsoft Excel skills preferred; and
- Experience working with Tableau preferred.
- Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected].
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “National Data & Coaching Manager”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by December 4.
- No calls please.
Term of Employment: This is a full-time salaried position to begin immediately.
Compensation: Compensation is $55,000-$60,000/year based on experience.
Location: Washington, DC preferred. Due to COVID-19, our office is fully remote until it is safe to return.
Reports To: Deputy Director of Strategic Partnerships