Since 2008, VCET has been committed to building progressive power in Virginia that prioritizes economic, social, environmental, gender, and especially racial justice.VCET envisions a multi-racial democracy, where the full diversity of our Commonwealth is included, actively participating and represented.
VCET is guided by a key organizational strategy: fostering collective action around a common agenda. This creates the directional north star to build the large, sustained coalition needed to tackle challenges such as the 2020 Census, dismantling systemic white supremacy through strategic policy reform, and ensuring every voter has fair and free access to the ballot box. VCET is a statewide organization that serves a broad network of 46 partners across the Commonwealth with a concentration in Northern Virginia, Greater Richmond, and the tidewater region (which includes Newport News, Hampton Roads, Virginia Beach). The work includes cultivating a diverse and progressive leadership pipeline in Virginia, driving collaboration through equitable and inclusive relationships, and growing shared capacity and resources for the progressive movement infrastructure in the Commonwealth.
The Virginia Civic Engagement Table (VCET) is searching for a full-time Development Manager (DM). This is a newly reimagined position created to build a more intentional fundraising effort at VCET. Under the direction of the Executive Director (ED), the DM will support and execute all fundraising efforts at VCET. The position is based in Richmond, Virginia with flexibility for candidates in other parts of the state, and will be operating remotely until further notice.
Grant Writing (30%)
- Responsible for full grant cycle across all institutional funding including: Drafting and submitting case statements, letters of inquiry, proposals, budgets, and reports.
- Oversee the production and filing of all donor related material.
- Maintain the grants calendar and funder records to track meetings, and internal and external deadlines.
- Meet established deadlines.
Compliance and Forecasting (20%)
- Monitor program progress on approximately 15 active grants per year.
- Participate on cross-functional teams for active grants and work with other internal departments to problem solve issues.
- Ensure fidelity between external-facing proposal budgets and internal budgets used to manage grants.
- Prepare budget to actual reports and narrative in collaboration with ED, program staff, and/or bookkeepers.
- Track contributions and open pledges to develop income projection and re-forecasts.
- Research to identify and qualify new funders – primarily in the areas of foundation and – for all program areas, including general operating support; oversee tracking of prospecting activity.
- Assist the Executive Director in developing engagement plans to cultivate prospects.
- Support outreach and maintain correspondence with key Foundation representatives.
- Coordinate meetings with appropriate VCET program staff and foundation officers.
Reporting and Stewardship (20%)
- Track all grants in existing spreadsheets; maintain all data on VCET network; and ensure that all reports, renewals, and other tasks are submitted in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist the Executive Director in developing engagement plans to cultivate and steward current donors.
Admin and Special projects (15%)
- Prep development reports for board meetings.
- Provide audit support and for monthly reconciliations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication
- Comfortability interfacing with all stakeholders; partners, funders,
- Ability to work well under deadline
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and follow through on
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and think
- Previous experience in development, fundraising, and major gifts and/or
- Deep alignment with and passion for VCET’s vision, mission, and
- Strong organization skills and detail-oriented.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work
- Experience with donor management or CRM software such as Every Action, NGP, Salsa,
- Experience with digital fundraising using social media and email programs a big
- Please submit a cover letter and résumé to [email protected] with “Development Manager” in the subject line.
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
- No calls, please.
Compensation: Annual salary of $50,000 to $55,000. The salary is based on experience and/or education. VCET offers competitive compensation packages including salary, health, retirement, and PTO benefits.
Term of Employment: Full-Time
Location: Remote, in-state Virginia
VCET is a nonpartisan, 501c3 organization dedicated to fostering greater civic engagement in Virginia. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law.