State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 24 state tables and organizations in every state, comprising over 1,200 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter education, registration and turnout, issue advocacy, and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration), and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting Black, Indigenous, Latinx, AAPI, and all communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, women, low-income, and all oppressed people. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
Text Services Managers provide direct support to the State Voices text services user community. State Voices administers a host of civic engagement technology, including a cloud communications platform to support phone and text operations. Service managers manage relationships with state administrators and accounts. They facilitate training and skill-building on best practices in text messaging for the State Voices network and assist in maintaining compliance with state and federal communications laws. This role reports to the Deputy Director of Data & Technology, East.
- Manage the administration of State Voices Text Messaging Services to State Voices Affiliates and Partners including creating accounts, administering training of users, and maintaining compliance with industry standards
- Coordinate with the Deputy Director of Data Analytics and Movement Technology on the management of accounts to provide premium service to the State Voices network
- Manage relationships with the user community through scheduled check-in meetings, consulting, and focus groups
- Provide help desk support to the user community operations, troubleshooting common administrator and user errors
- Develop analysis and reports on service usage, compliance, and contact activity for the network
- Coordinate service maintenance, application updates, and other relevant news with its user community.
- Build a department standard of 90% or better customer service rating from the text services user community.
- Track and collect payments from organizations using the texting services
- Function as part of a national data team to build and maintain the shared state and national data infrastructure necessary to support civic engagement work
- Attend department and national staff meetings, as well as ad hoc meetings with table staff as needed
The ideal candidate will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- 3 years experience in political, non-profit, labor, or community organization as a data professional
- Experience using advanced data management techniques, including using APIs and executing complex workflows for at least one year
- Experience managing Spoke, GetThru, Hustle, or other movement technologies for person-to-person text messaging
- Proven ability using SQL and database management technology
- Diplomatic, professional approach to problem-solving while working independently or on a team
- Must be very organized, and a good communicator
- Must be able to manage several tasks and projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively
- Background in 501c3 work and/or the desire to work with progressive organizations
- Comfortable working in a community with people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Please submit your resume, and cover letter using our application portal.
Compensation: The salary range for this full-time position is $60,000- $75,000 annually.
Terms of Employment: Full-Time
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law.