State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 23 state tables comprised of 900 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through Civic Engagement (voter registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration) and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, and single women. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
State Voices seeks a Voter Registration Data Manager to support the organization’s voter registration and GOTV programs across multiple states. The Voter Registration Data Manager will report to the Deputy Director of Data and Voter Registration in the Issues and Electoral Organizing Department and will work directly with State Voices state and national data staff to roll out a large-scale voter registration project across the nation. They will also work with vendors and consultants to develop and present training components for state table staff, support onboarding for new state-level data staff, implement best practices for Voter Registration Data and Quality Control Processes, and ensure data integrity and integrations across multiple platforms and programs.
- Work with state-based and national partners and key stakeholders to identify and produce timely analysis and reporting solutions about voter registration efforts performed by state tables and table partners to maximize their program results and goals.
- Assist and/or lead on the development and implementation of state-based training curriculum and training related to voter registration data and associated technologies (BLOCKS, VAN VRT, VIDADO, RTV and others) for state tables, as well as attend state-based training and check-in meetings.
- Work with key stakeholders to improve standards around training curriculums as well as train and coach state tables and national partners to implement best practices for using data to drive voter registration efforts.
- Work with the State Voices national and state table data teams, key stakeholders, and consultants to manage the flow of data, identify and troubleshoot problems, and create best practices around support for the voter registration data pipeline and its integrations.
- Identify and champion opportunities to evaluate tests and experiments, as well as coordinate with the State Voices national and state table data teams to evaluate tests and experiments, and execute field studies to improve voter registration messaging and non-partisan voter engagement.
- Support state table data teams by offering training and coaching about best practices for using data to drive Get Out The Vote efforts, and by identifying and/or creating reports and reporting solutions to help maximize Get Out The Vote efforts and goals, as well as assuring that voter registration applicants are effectively included in Get Out The Vote universes.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- One or more cycles [years] working with at scale Voter Registration, Get Out The Vote, or Advocacy voter contact data.
- Experience developing and creating training documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work and stay poised under pressure.
- Ability to work well with people from diverse communities, particularly with staff and leaders from grassroots community organizations rooted in communities of color.
- A demonstrated commitment to equity at the intersections of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, national origin, religion, and age.
- Prior experience using and administering NGP’s Voter Activation Network (VAN) tool.
- Familiarity with additional common data tools (SQL, EXCEL, Tableau).
- Experience with managing voter contact tools (ThruTalk, ThruText, etc.) a plus.
- Familiarity and/or experience managing Online Voter Registration platforms (Rock the Vote, BallotReady, etc.) a plus.
- Familiarity with Civis Platform a plus.
- Bilingual capacities in English and Spanish a plus.
- Ability to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Travel is limited due to the continuing impact of the Covid-19 virus, however, candidates should be willing and able to conduct site visits between 5-8 days a month, if/when conditions normalize and travel is deemed safe.
- Send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “State Voices Voter Data Registration Manager.”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by July 19, 2021.
- No calls please.
- Women, people of color, and LGBTQIA individuals are encouraged to apply
Term of Employment: This is a grant-funded position and is subject to continued grant funding availability.
Compensation: Compensation is between $60,000 and $75,000 and includes a full benefits package.
Location: State Voices is headquartered in Washington, DC, however, remote candidates will be considered.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at State Voices, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.