State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 23 state tables and organizations in every state, comprising over 1,200 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter education, registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration), and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting Black, Indigenous, Latinx, AAPI, and all communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, women, low-income, and all oppressed people. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
The Senior Redistricting and Analytics Manager will provide management of the reporting needs technical support for civic engagement tools to our state table network. This position will provide expertise in data collection, analysis and reporting of civic engagement activity.
- Managing State Voices collection and analysis of redistricting data to produce reports for the network, this includes training on best practices on reporting and analysis of civic engagement data
- Work with the Deputy Director East of Data and Technology on the production of data visualizations and datasets on civic engagement activity, including post-program, post-election analysis and other duties
- Coordinate with the Deputy Director East of Data and Technology on the production of datasets and information for redistricting work. This includes the creation of datasets for drawing of communities of interest, drawing Congressional maps and other visual tools
- Conducting analysis on Census 2020 data to support State Voices national redistricting program needs through 2022
- Advise state data staff in using data for redistricting, community of interest mapping and drawing maps
- Support the development and launch of State Voices data warehouse, coordinating with the national data and technology team on building warehouse reporting tools and products
- Support state data staff in the collection and analysis of civic data; including providing technical assistance on importing and exporting of data; maintaining best practices and standards for data collection, acquisition and preservation
- Function as part of a national data team to build and maintain the shared state and national data infrastructure necessary to support civic engagement work
The ideal candidate will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- 5-7 years experience
- 1 -3 cycles in political, non-profit, labor or community organization as a data professional
- Experience using, training on, and administering VAN for at least one year, preferably at the national level
- Proven ability to train non-technical audiences on use of software tools
- Proven ability using SQL and database management
- Familiarity with Python tools is a plus
- Must be very organized, and a good communicator
- Must be able to manage several tasks and projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively
- Background in 501c3 work and/or the desire to work with progressive organizations
- Comfortable working in a community with people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Strong oral and written interpersonal communication skills in-person and remotely
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and gender equity and track record of success
working with communities of color, women, low-income people, LGBTQIA individuals,
and other historically marginalized communities.
- Demonstrated ability to bring strategic thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and a systems-oriented work style.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected].
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, your subject line should be: “Senior Redistricting and Analytics Manager.”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by October 1, 2021.
- No calls, please.
Location: Office is located in Washington, D.C., but the position will be remote.
Compensation: Compensation is $75,000 to $90,000 based on experience.
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.