State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 22 state tables composed of over 900 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, training, and technical support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration), and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
Additionally, through our Tools for All program, we provide over 135 participating organizations in 28 states and the District of Columbia with access to data and technology to help them engage more effectively with their communities and with one another.
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, and single women. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
The Senior Manager of Strategic Partnerships is responsible for managing work in three key areas: Program Management, Partner Outreach, and Leadership.
- Lead the National Tools For All Expertise Task Force
- Support the development of the Emerging States Program particularly working with leadership and data staff in Arkansas, New Jersey, and West Virginia to identify emerging table partner needs to conduct successful nonpartisan campaigns via regular check-ins, sharing best practices and coaching
- Recruit women and BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color) applicants for the Data Certification Program
- Assist in the successful management of the State Voices Tools For All program by managing regular communications with the 135 and growing participating organizations, and managing partner MOUs and fee invoicing
- Provide coaching and technical support in the use of civic engagement data and technology to partner organizations
- Maintain existing national partner relationships and identify new partnerships with grassroots BIPOC led organizations
- Lead quarterly “Connection Hours” with local partners to raise the profile of State Voices by uplifting partner work in the network and nurturing partner relationships
- Identify innovative ways to support partners in non-affiliated states in areas such as, but not limited to data-driven campaign building, voting rights/election protection, and nonpartisan Get-Out-The-Vote efforts
- Represent State Voices at partner conferences and events both locally in the network to raise the profile of the organization
- Advance racial and gender equity by serving by participating in diversity/equity/inclusion trainings
- Serve as the national liaison consulting partners on best practices and maximizing the use of tools offered by State Voices for civic engagement program implementation, execution, and evaluation
- Identify and participate in management training opportunities to sharpen management skills and seek feedback from staff
- Liaison with the Analyst Institute to jointly support the work of reproductive justice organizations in nine states, and to ensure our state table network is informed by field-tested best practices
- Manage Strategic Partnerships interns
The ideal candidate will possess many or all of the following qualifications:
- At least 2-3 years experience in civic engagement in the nonprofit sector with experience in nonpartisan voter registration, voter education, getting out the vote, organizing, or advocacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies. Committed to racial equity, and using a personal approach that values individuals and their differences.
- Provides leadership support on strategic, long-term planning.
- Understands and embraces the ‘big picture’ of change; comfortable adapting to change.
- Appropriately patient and persistent.
- Ability to present and communicate well, both verbally and in writing, outside the organization and within SV.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience with the Voter Activation Network (VAN).
- Understanding of the complexities of a national organization working with state affiliates.
- Relationship oriented. Builds relationships marked by respect, trust, and integrity.
- Able to build collaboratively and secure buy-in.
- A genuine appreciation for and commitment to the mission of State Voices.
- Strong operational and organizational skills with a hands-on work style.
- Ability and willingness to contribute as a team player within the organization and to delegate responsibility and empower subordinates as appropriate.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, appropriate aggressiveness, and possessing an entrepreneurial and intellectual curiosity.
- Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected].
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “Senior Manager of Strategic Partnerships”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Preference will be given to resumes received by Friday, April 30, 2021.
Term of Employment: This is a full-time, exempt position.
Compensation: Compensation is $65,000-$80,000.
Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Director of Strategic Partnerships
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.