State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 24 state tables and organizations in every state, comprising over 1,200 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter education, registration and turnout, issue advocacy, and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration), and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting Black, Indigenous, Latinx, AAPI, and all communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, women, low-income, and all oppressed people. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
The Senior Data Support Manager primarily serves a supportive role to the State Voices network. The Senior Data Support Manager will check in with and provide support to state data staff in the State Voices network. The successful candidate will be a member of the State Voices Data and Technology Department and works at the direction of the Deputy Director of Data & Technology, West
- Provide consultation and advice to state table staff on the most effective use of data to help accomplish their organizational and programmatic goals
- Have biweekly or monthly check-ins with all data staff, depending on the needs of each particular state, in the State Voices network
- Assist with the onboarding and ongoing training of state table data staff in the State Voices network as needed
- Curate feedback about the department and our value proposition and provide that feedback on a regular basis to our team to help continually improve our offerings
- Assist in the hiring and reviews of state data directors, managers, and associates
- Participate in weekly check-ins with the national data team and inter-departmental meetings
- Triage and troubleshoot daily inbound questions and requests
- Manage at least one working group in the Data and Technology department
- Provide up to 5 hours a week of direct data support for a table without a Data Staffer
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 or more years of experience in political or nonprofit data
- Experience using, training on, and administering VAN is a must
- Demonstrated ability to train non-technical audiences on the use of software tools
- Experience managing and supporting staff
- Public speaking or teaching, especially explaining the use of technology and data to non-technical people
- Familiarity with running webinars or online training/presenting
- Familiarity with Catalist tools is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Diplomatic, professional approach to problem-solving while working independently or on a team
- Must be open to direction, very organized, and a good written and oral communicator=
- Must be able to manage several tasks and projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively
- Background in 501c3 work and the desire to work with progressive organizations
- Comfortable working in a diverse community with people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Must be willing to travel around the U.S. as needed once safe
- Please submit your resume, and cover letter using our application portal.
Compensation: The salary range for this full-time position is $75,000- $90,000 annually.
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law.