State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 24 state tables and organizations in every state, comprising over 1,200 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter education, registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration), and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting Black, Indigenous, Latinx, AAPI, and all communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, women, low-income, and all oppressed people. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Partnerships, the Partner Success Associate provides a high level of support to the Strategic Partnerships Department and the organizations participating in the Tools For All program. Given what is required in this position, it is important that the person in this role be someone who shows up to work in positive, optimistic, and creative ways. This person should be able to operate with flexibility, adapting to changing situations while consistently centering State Voices’ goals and values. Even in moments of stress, the person in this role should be able to both advance their work and understand and model that relationships are central to how we operate. The ideal candidate will enjoy working on something new each day, be a problem solver, and be self-motivated.
- Provide support to partner organizations to resolve issues and ensure effective and seamless user experience with the State Voices VAN voter file management tool
- Conduct regular one on one conversations with partner organizations before and after State Voices events
- Strengthen the level of engagement and participation of BIPOC-led partner organizations in the Tools for All program
- Create invoices, track collections and produce internal reports
- Update internal operational procedures or documents as needed
- Manage the storage, filing, and retrieval of departmental and partner organization documents and reports, both hardcopy and cloud storage, as needed
- Schedule Department virtual and in person meetings and assisting with meeting logistics and setup
- Reporting, including assisting with proofreading reports and external facing documents
- Monitoring department Slack channels and email, field inquiries to appropriate department members
- Learn basic administration of the State Voices VAN voter file management tool
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- At least 2 years of administrative / office management support experience in a professional office setting
- Proficient with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook), Google Suite, and familiar with Slack, Asana and Zoom
- HS diploma or GED
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and gender equity and track record of success working with communities of color, women, low-income people, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically marginalized communities
- Demonstrated ability to bring problem-solving abilities and a systems-oriented work style
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Minimal travel required
- Please submit your resume, and cover letter using our application portal.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000
Location: Remote, or DC office
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.