Since 2008, VCET has been committed to building progressive power in Virginia that prioritizes economic, social, environmental, gender, and especially racial justice. VCET envisions a multi-racial democracy, where the full diversity of our Commonwealth is included, actively participating and represented.
VCET is guided by a key organizational strategy: fostering collective action around a common agenda. This creates the directional north star to build the large, sustained coalition needed to tackle challenges such as the 2020 Census, dismantling systemic white supremacy through strategic policy reform, and ensuring every voter has fair and free access to the ballot box. VCET is a statewide organization that serves a broad network of 46 partners across the Commonwealth with a concentration in Northern Virginia, greater Richmond, and the tidewater region (which includes Newport News, Hampton Roads, Virginia Beach). The work includes cultivating a diverse and progressive leadership pipeline in Virginia, driving collaboration through equitable and inclusive relationships, and growing shared capacity and resources for the progressive movement infrastructure in the Commonwealth.
The Virginia Civic Engagement Table (VCET) is searching for a full-time Operations Manager (OM). This is a newly reimagined position created to build a more intentional effort at VCET. Under the direction of the Executive Director (ED), the OM will support all office management and HR activities along with select project management functions. The position is based in Richmond, Virginia with flexibility for candidates in other parts of the state.
Office Management and HR (40%)
- Maintain, organize, and update organization shared files, lists and documents, and recommend internal systems and processes to ensure efficiency, productivity, and security.
- Coordinate the best practices deployment of internal information technology to ensure productivity, including identifying new solutions to address current challenges.
- With the support of outsourced vendors, coordinate the administration of basic on-boarding of new staff to include payroll, benefits, and time tracking functions.
- Act as primary contact with outsourced accounting and payroll provider to:
- Ensure monthly timesheet coding by all staff prior to submission to ED for approval.
- Coordinate accounts payable and receivable processing; perform follow-up on uncashed vendor payments.
- Coordinate proper filing of grant agreements and reporting timelines and requirement
- Organize and order office equipment, inventory, and supplies.
- Coordinate the lease and maintenance of any physical office space.
- Support the completion of federal financial requirements; including but not limited to the annual financial review, workers compensation audit, and 990.
Project Management (40%)
- Oversee VCET partner membership on-boarding and billing to ensure VCET is operating in full compliance with our MOU’s.
- Create and maintain a master calendar that keeps both programs and funder applications and reports coordinated to meet deadlines.
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with the ED and key VCET staff on special projects and initiatives that further VCET mission and performance.
- Support program directors and managers as directed with logistics for events and meetings.
- In collaboration with staff and contractors, prepare the quarterly reports and updates for the Board.
- Provide support for monthly reconciliations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortability interfacing with all stakeholders; i.e. partners, funders, staff.
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and follow through on projects.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and think critically.
- Previous project management experience.
- Alignment with VCET’s vision, mission, and values.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience.
- Broad based experience with various business, communications and project management software.
- Please submit a cover letter and résumé to [email protected] with “Operations Manager” in the subject line.
Compensation: $55,000 to $65,000 based on experience and/or education.
VCET also offers a generous benefits package including full health coverage, FSA, and 3% retirement match.
Location: The position is based in Richmond, Virginia with flexibility for candidates in other parts of the state.
VCET is a nonpartisan, 501c3 organization dedicated to fostering greater civic engagement in Virginia. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law.