State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win shared policy and civic engagement victories and build long-term power. We currently support the work of 501(c)(3) organizations or “state tables” in twenty-three states that connect hundreds of state, local and national affiliate organizations. State Voices has provided our affiliates with a variety of resources and tools to create support and enhance the impact of 501 (c)(3) civic engagement organizations across the country.
The National Data and Tools Consultant is a temporary position at State Voices. The purpose of the position is to provide temporary data and tools support for the State Voices network in 2020, with an emphasis on providing support to state tables and partners. . The National Data and Technology Consultant will provide technical support for civic engagement tools to our state table network.
- Advise partner organizations on the use of voter contact tools and assist them in integrating appropriate voter contact and data tools into their engagement programs.
- Make recommendations and provide strategic guidance on ways to make programs more efficient and effective.
- Support state data staff in administering civic engagement tools; including managing user and security settings; providing technical assistance; and monitoring use to ensure compliance with state and national policies.
- Advise state data staff in data management and maintenance for complex real-time analysis.
- Coordinate with national staff on data collection needed to track network civic engagement activity and reporting.
- Cleaning and matching lists and moving data between tools.
- Function as part of a national data team to build and maintain the shared state and national data infrastructure necessary to support partner program work.
- 1 -3 cycles in political, non-profit, labor, or community organization as a data professional.
- Experience using, training on, and administering VAN for at least one year, preferably at the national level.
- Experience with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Proven ability to train non-technical audiences on the use of software tools.
- Familiarity with running webinars or online training/presenting a plus.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following tools: BallotReady, Action Network, GetThru/Hustle, Rock the Vote and/or Reach.
- Experience with Catalist or Civis is a plus.
- Diplomatic, professional approach to problem-solving while working independently or on a team.
- Must be very organized, and a good communicator.
- Must be able to manage several tasks and projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Background in 501c3 work and/or the desire to work with progressive organizations.
- Comfortable working in a diverse community with people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected].
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, your subject line should be: “National Data and Tools Consultant Position.”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by September 30, 2020.
- No calls please.
Compensation: $1,500 per week
Contract Hours: 38-40 hours per week
Term of Employment: This is a contract position through November 30, 2020, with the possibility of extension.
Location: Office is located in Washington, D.C., but the position will be remote.
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.