State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win shared policy and civic engagement victories and build long-term power. We currently support the work of 501(c)(3) organizations or “state tables” in twenty-three states that connect hundreds of state, local and national affiliate organizations. State Voices has provided our affiliates with a variety of resources and tools to create support and enhance the impact of 501 (c)(3) civic engagement organizations across the country.
The National Data Consultant is a temporary position at State Voices. The National Data and Technology Consultant will provide temporary technical support for civic engagement tools to our state table network. The purpose of the position is to provide expertise in data collection, analysis and reporting of civic engagement activity.
- Advise partner organizations on the use of voter contact tools and assist them in the acquisition and management of sensitive civic engagement program data. This includes sake recommendations and provide strategic guidance on ways to make programs more efficient and effective.
- Support state data staff in the collection and analysis of civic data; including providing technical assistance on importing and exporting of data; and assisting in the monitoring data quality and integrity amongst the State Voices data ecosystem.
- Advise state data staff in data management and maintenance for complex real-time analysis.
- Coordinate with national staff on data collection needed to track network civic engagement activity and reporting; including post-election analysis and other duties.
- Function as part of a national data team to build and maintain the shared state and national data infrastructure necessary to support civic engagement work.
- 1 -3 cycles in political, non-profit, labor or community organization as a data professional
- Experience using, training on, and administering VAN for at least one year, preferably at the national level.
- Proven ability to train non-technical audiences on use of software tools.
- Familiarity with using SQL, Python tools is a plus.
- Familiarity with BallotReady, Action Network, GetThru/Hustle, and/or Reach is a plus.
- Diplomatic, professional approach to problem-solving while working independently or on a team.
- Must be very organized, and a good communicator.
- Must be able to manage several tasks and projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Background in 501c3 work and/or the desire to work with progressive organizations.
- Comfortable working in a community with people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected].
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, your subject line should be: “National Data and Technology Consultant Position.”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by September 23, 2020.
- No calls please.
Compensation: $1,500 per week
Contract Hours: 38-40 hours per week
Term of Employment: This is a contract position through December 18, 2020.
Location: Office is located in Washington, D.C., but the position will be remote.
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.