The Missouri Organizing and Voter Engagement Collaborative (MOVE) is a nonpartisan hub providing strategic and technical support for grassroots organizing groups committed to voter engagement. MOVE’s role is behind-the-scenes, supporting existing movement organizations in developing and executing strategic integrated voter engagement plans. In doing so, MOVE coordinates the largest volunteer-led 501c3 integrated voter engagement program in Missouri.
Missouri Organizing and Voter Engagement Action (MOVE Action) fills one of the most significant gaps in Missouri’s progressive movement – providing a c4 data hub and coordinating backbone for organizations committed to 1) winning on major progressive campaigns in any given cycle and 2) building long-haul power towards political transformation in Missouri. Working through member organizations, we are building independent political power that drives integrated voter engagement programs across strategic regions and constituencies in Missouri to win on progressive ballot issues and priority campaigns.
This role will support both organizations.
MOVE Action seeks a Program Manager to support the development and execution of coordinated integrated voter engagement programs rooted in grassroots and community-based organizing institutions. Through program infrastructure development, training, workshopping, and coaching, the Program Manager will ensure that member organizations are advancing strategic programs while building organizational capacity. The Program Manager will invest in an emerging field and organizing talent within member organizations and will ensure that every member organization gets consistent and exemplary support. This position will report to the Program Director, will work closely with the data team, and will partner with member organizations, campaigns, and allies as assigned.
The primary responsibilities of this will include the following:
- Working with the MOVE program and data team, support the development of coordinated grassroots integrated voter engagement programs, including organization-level goals.
- Support the implementation and assessment of progress towards meeting organizational goals related to voter contact and capacity building.
- Develop training curriculum and individualized workshopping sessions towards tailored capacity building support for member organizations to meet their goals.
- Manage reporting on organizational progress to goals to advance accountability and inform funding decisions.
- Regularly engage in organizational voter engagement activities to better understand program and ground support.
The ideal candidate will possess many or all of the following qualifications:
- Minimum of two years working in organizing, with experience in voter engagement strategies and tactics. Experience with grassroots integrated voter engagement and field management is a plus
- Experience supervising, mentoring, developing, and/or coaching staff or volunteers. Track record of developing people in new skills and competencies.
- Ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining a high level of detail orientation and meeting deadlines. Must be organized and able to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to manage and prioritize several tasks/projects concurrently and work effectively either independently or in close collaboration with others.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people possessing different skill levels.
- Experience working with organizations from a variety of models and cultures, and/or experience working in diverse communities. Experience managing a coalition is a plus.
- Proficiency in VAN. Experience using or administering other voter contact tools, such as peer-to-peer texting, digital outreach, or relational organizing is a plus.
- Discretion and political acumen.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected].
To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “Civic Engagement Manager.”
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience, with a floor of $47,000. Full benefits package included. This position is in the bargaining unit.
Term of Employment: Full-time
Location: Flexible within Missouri, though regular travel to Kansas City, St. Louis, and mid-Missouri locations will be required.
MOVE and MOVE Action believe that a diverse, inclusive staff is a fundamental strength. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, religions, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, and gender identities. Black people, indigenous people, people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.