State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. We currently support the work of 501(c)(3) organizations or “state tables” in twenty-three states that connect hundreds of state, local and national affiliate organizations. State Voices has provided our affiliates with a variety of resources and tools to create support and enhance the impact of 501 (c)(3) civic engagement organizations across the country.
The Florida Civic Engagement Table is a statewide network of organizations. Partners share a vision of full participation and representation in our democracy of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) communities – historically underrepresented and marginalized communities in Florida. This work requires vision, cooperation, and long-term strategic planning, as the goal of full participation by BIPOC communities cannot be achieved through one election cycle, one legislative fight, or one campaign. Together, partners build the power needed to break down barriers to civic participation, restore confidence in government, engage historically marginalized populations, and center public discourse on racial and socioeconomic justice.
The Data and Technology Consultant is a temporary position with the Florida Civic Engagement Table to assist the implementation of sustainable reporting systems using the organization’s current technology stack. This role requires creating and implementing a data architecture that collects data from various internal and external systems. The Data Consultant will work with State Voices and FLCET data and technology staff to build a comprehensive data collection and reporting process system that allows analysis of sensitive program data for delivery to stakeholders and audiences.
- Coordinate with the FLCET Data and Technology Director to design and implement a sustainable reporting system that allows the FLCET Data and Technology Department to provide stakeholders with robust and timely intelligence products
- Maintain existing data systems and support the implementation of coding structures, data conventions and industry best practices to strengthen data quality
- Producing reports and program metrics analysis on a weekly basis to the FLCET;
- Advise the FLCET Data and Technology Department in designing and document an agile data collection workflow that integrates and manipulates large data sets
- Provide written recommendations to the FLCET Data and Technology Director and FLCET State Director on enhancing its data collection workflows
- Consult with the FLCET Data and Technology Director on supporting complex analysis using reporting dashboards and other visualizations
- Using SQL and other data exploration/query methods to respond to time sensitive data requests
- Significant experience managing data and information systems
- 1 – 3 cycles in political, non-profit, labor or community organization either paid or unpaid
- Ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining a high level of detail orientation and meeting deadlines
- Sound judgement, time management and critical thinking skills
- Commitment to approaching the work in an inclusive and empathetic way.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and gender equity and record of success working with communities of color, women, low-income people, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically marginalized communities
- Familiarity with SPSS, Stata, SAS, R, SQL, Python statistical packages or other statistics or database management programs
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience with the VAN (Voter Activation Network)/VoteBuilder or other civic engagement platforms
- Candidates must have a willingness and aptitude to seek out and learn new technical skills that will further the mission of the table and assist in presenting data to partners in an accessible manner
- Background using data for statistics is a plus
- Knowledge of state-level policy is a plus
- Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected].
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “FLCET Data and Tech Consultant Position”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by August 21, 2020.
- No calls please.
Compensation: $2,000 per month
Term of Employment: This is a contract position through December 18, 2020
Location: Remote, residence in and knowledge of the state of Florida