Win|Win is a network of progressive organizations coming together to advance racial, social, and economic equity across Washington through civic and political engagement. Our partners work together to build a new political landscape that inspires people; where individuals engage because they see themselves and their values reflected across our democracy. Win|Win provides our network with strategic coordination, data and research, and technical assistance to increase our ability to create change together.
We are building an organizational culture rooted in trust, collaboration, and learning, with an ongoing commitment to use an anti-racist lens throughout all of our work. We are committed to developing individual and team skills, sharing leadership, open communication, and a healthy work/life balance. We strive to help our partners have a powerful and systemic, and sustainable impact on the political and civic landscape in Washington State.
Win|Win seeks an experienced fundraising professional with a strong equity lens to manage our development and communication efforts. This is a new position that will report directly to the Executive Director to strengthen our fundraising efforts. In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Development Manager will build the organization’s fundraising capacity including solicit major contributions and lead on communications related to fundraising by highlighting Win|Win’s vision and achievements. Win|Win’s 2021 expected revenue is approximately $1.2M – with revenue generated from individual donors, foundations, and membership dues.
This role will be remote until Washington State reaches Phase 4 of our State’s COVID-19 reopening plan (projected mid-to-late 2021). All staff are expected to provide leadership and proactive learning to advance our mission, vision, and values. The Development Manager will be expected to act as a champion for the Win|Win Network and our partners by understanding their programs and trends impacting the communities they serve.
Cultivation and Stewardship
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and fundraising committee and to create and execute a fundraising plan that includes foundations, major gifts, and grants
- Forge, maintain, and enhance relationships with individual donors, foundations, and key stakeholders across the state; plan and facilitate impactful meetings with major donors and foundations
- Lead the day-to-day management of all fundraising activities, including prospect research, cultivation and stewardship
Compliance and Reporting
- Collaborate with the Finance team to ensure adherence to fund recording requirements and provide quarterly revenue and expense projections and other reports as needed
- Work closely with program staff to review outputs and compliance reporting for donor and/or grant requirements
- Utilize EveryAction (CRM) to plan, implement, evaluate fund development, and track opportunities and deadlines
- Develop and implement a communications plan that includes newsletters to key target audiences, fundraising campaigns, website updates, annual reports, and events
- Assist team members with quality control for materials and deliverables for trainings, presentations and meetings, including handouts, slide decks, graphics, reports, etc
- Manage branding, messaging, and vendor relationships (ex. graphic designers) when appropriate
Minimum Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 3+ years of experience working at small to midsize nonprofits with an operating budget of $1 – 5 million
- At least 3+ years of nonprofit development management experience with a confirmed track record successfully meeting fundraising goals through diverse funding streams
- At least 2+ years of experience of communications management
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong storytelling skills, with an ability to clearly communicate the importance and impact of an organization’s mission both verbally and in writing
- Strong operational and organizational skills and drive to take initiative
- Experience working with fundraising CRMs – EveryAction preferred
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of, and relationships with, both the Washington State and national Civic Engagement philanthropic community
- A demonstrated record of working closely with executive leadership
- Strong leadership presence and the managerial capability to motivate and work collaboratively with remote staff and partners
- Knowledge of 501(c)(4) compliance
- Priority deadline March 15th, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] and include “Development Manager” in the subject line.
- If you have specific questions before applying, please contact Shin Shin Hsia, Operations and HR Director: [email protected].
Compensation: $58,000-$68,000 annualized based on experience. This is a full time (40 hours/week) exempt, salaried position that requires a willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
Benefits: 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, sick time and 10 paid holidays
Location: Remote until Washington State reaches Phase 4 of our State’s COVID-19
Anticipated start date: Negotiable, ideally late April
Win|Win believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances our ability to fulfill our mission. Employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.