Silver State Voices (SSV) is a civic engagement coordination hub among 501(c)3 organizations in Nevada. SSV is the Nevada affiliate of the State Voices network. Our partners’ work spans a diverse set of issues and communities, but we are connected by a shared commitment to a fair, accessible, and just democracy for all Nevadans. Our mission is to create a healthy, robust democracy by ensuring BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) and underrepresented Nevadans are at the cornerstone of decision-making, power-building, and engagement. SSV develops infrastructure, fosters collaboration among diverse entities, and employs new tools and technology. SSV believes that democracy works best and its outcomes are most just when the voices of all Nevadans are heard. Silver State Voices is a fiscally sponsored project of NEO Philanthropy.
We are seeking a self-motivated Development Coordinator who is passionate about civic engagement. SSV is building out its development department and this position will support and execute all fundraising efforts at SSV.
The Development Coordinator reports to the Executive Director of Silver State Voices.
- Responsible for full grant cycle across all institutional funding including drafting and submitting case statements, letters of inquiry, proposals, budgets, and reports
- Oversee the production and filing of all donor-related material
- Maintain the grants calendar and funder records to track meetings and internal and external deadlines
- Research to identify and qualify new funders – primarily in the areas of foundation – for all program areas, including general operating support; oversee tracking of prospecting activity and follow-up
- Support outreach and maintain correspondence with key Foundation representatives.
- Assist the ED in developing engagement plans to cultivate prospects.
- Other duties as assigned
- A strong commitment to the civic engagement of historically underrepresented communities
- A strong commitment to Racial and Gender Equity
- Strong project management skills, ability to consistently meet deadlines and communicate when things change
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing.
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work independently
- Very strong organizational skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Skilled with Google Suite applications: Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel
- A resident of Nevada for 3+ years
- Previous experience with fundraising
- Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected]
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “SSV Development Coordinator.”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled; however, preference will be given to resumes received by 02/01/2021.
- No calls, please.
Term of Employment: This is a full-time,exempt, regular position.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation is between $55,000 to $60,000 based on experience. Through NEO Philanthropy, this position is offered a full benefits package, including 100% medical coverage for the employee and 90% medical coverage for dependents; 100% coverage for vision, dental, life/AD&D, long-term disability. NEO also offers a 401K retirement savings plan, Healthcare Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), Medical FSA, Dependent Care FSA, commuter benefits, Employee Assistance Program, other supplemental benefits, and paid time off.
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada (This position is currently a remote position due to the COVID-19 pandemic but this position will transition fully to in-person to our Las Vegas office)
Reports to: Executive Director of Silver State Voices
SSV a fiscally sponsored project of NEO Philanthropy is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status. Women, people of color, LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.*