State Voices is a national network – built from the states up – that helps grassroots organizations win civic engagement victories and build long-term political power. Since 2008, we’ve been employing the principles of collective impact, building the capacity of partners with data analysis and shared resources, and strengthening our democracy by amplifying the voices of marginalized communities.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 24 state tables and organizations in every state, comprising over 1,200 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter education, registration and turnout, issue advocacy, and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration), and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
It’s our collective duty to end the systemic, relentless disenfranchisement targeting Black, Indigenous, Latinx, AAPI, and all communities of color, young adults, LGBTQ people, women, low-income, and all oppressed people. That’s why State Voices works year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy.
State Voices has two (2) exciting C-Suite Executive Assistant opportunities available supporting the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Strategy Officer. Ideal candidates must be exceedingly well organized, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a remote and in-person organization. They must be able to interact with staff (at all levels), as well as members of the Board of Directors in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
The person in this position is responsible for handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and must be able to work independently with moderate supervision and be able to exercise sound judgment. This person should be able to adapt to changing situations while consistently centering State Voices’ goals and values. Even in moments of stress, the person in this role should be able to both advance their work and understand and model that relationships are central to how we operate
In addition to administrative related tasks, the Executive Assistants will have the unique opportunity to work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Strategy Officer to learn how State Voices functions and engage strategically with different departments.
- Responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external stakeholders
- Provide administrative support, which includes scheduling, preparing the C-Level Leader for critical internal and external meetings, and owning special projects as requested
- Scheduling both virtual and in-person meetings and events with multiple stakeholders, including internal team meetings, webinars for external audiences, and meetings with coalition partners, members of the press, legislators, etc. depending on the specific role. This includes setting up and managing all logistics, taking comprehensive and concise notes, and driving action items out of the meeting or event.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Represent the C-Level and organization in a professional and congenial manner in person, in telephone conversations, in virtual meetings, and in written correspondence
- Prepare and process expenses and reimbursements
- Attend meetings to take notes, organize, and prioritize next steps
- Make all travel arrangements, manage administrative processes and expenses for travel-related items
- Draft and prepare correspondence/emails
- Manage email traffic and prepare responses as requested
- Ensure that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member
- Planning, coordinating, managing logistics, and recruiting for Board of Directors meetings, staff and network meetings, team-building events, and activities
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess many, if not all, of the following qualiﬁcations:
- At least 3-4 years of experience in an administrative or support role in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. Experience in an issue advocacy organization, political campaign, or some other mission-driven organization is preferred, but not required.
- An ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated commitment to integrating racial and gender equity principles and track record of success working with communities of color, women, low-income people, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and other historically marginalized communities
- Someone who is highly organized and has excellent systems and is excited to help others get and stay organized.
- Detail-oriented person who doesn’t let anything fall through the cracks
- Experience with document management, especially Google docs, as well as technology including Slack, Zoom, and Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite
- Demonstrated ability to bring strategic thinking skills, anticipating problems with proactive problem-solving abilities, and a systems-oriented work style
- Understanding and experience with year-round civic engagement tactics and strategies, including the role of data and tools in supporting programs
- Embrace technology as an enabler to help you get your job done and to collaborate in a culture that promotes a passion for technology.
- Relationship-oriented and exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrates sound judgment, tact and discretion
- Please submit your resume, and cover letter using our application portal.
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
- No calls please.
Compensation: The salary range for this full-time position is $55,000- $70,000 and includes a full beneﬁts package.
Location: State Voices is headquartered in Washington, DC
State Voices is an equal opportunity employer. Qualiﬁed individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.